marți, 28 aprilie 2015

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

   „Starting over sucks.
  When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

  And then he opened his mouth.
  Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens. 
  The hot alien living next door marks me.
  You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 
  If I don't kill him first, that is.

  You devour it and it devours you. Obsidian is that type of book that you can’t close until you finish it.
Why? Two reasons: Katy is one of us, a bookworm; and Daemon is a hot alien.
Katy moves to West Virginia for a fresh start after her father’s death. A small town full of two kinds of aliens: Arums and Luxens. Her neighbors, Daemon and Dee are brothers luxens that came to Earth. Katy wants to be Dee’s friend, but Daemon doesn’t alllow it and he’s really rude to Katy. Dee forces her brother to behave with Katy and puts him to hang out with her. By this forced meetings with him, she starts to consider him sexy.
  That’s not all, when luxens uses their super powers around humans they leave a mark on them. And Katy shines like a Christmas Tree. Arums feel this mark and they use marked humans to lead them to luxens to devoir their essence and light. Katy has to get rid of the mark before the Black family dissapears, but how?


                   “Beautiful face. Beautiful body. Horrible attitude. It was                               the holy trinity of hot boys.” 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu